Oak Ridge Funeral Care is proud to serve the men and women who served our country. We help veterans and family members understand the benefits they may be entitled to receive and create a patriotic tribute for former service members.
Veterans' survivors may be entitled to burial benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). However, these benefits are not paid automatically. Claims for Veterans' benefits must usually be made within two years from the date of final interment.
Honorably discharged veterans from the Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard may be entitled to:
- A burial allowance for expenses for the burial (or cremation) and funeral of the deceased
- An allowance towards the burial plot expenses of a veteran who is not buried in a national cemetery
- Burial or inurnment in a national veterans cemetery
- A burial flag that can be given to next of kin or friend of deceased
- Bronze memorial or headstone
- Color guard and playing of “Taps”
The VA website has complete information on eligibility requirements for burial benefits.
When a veteran, or their loved ones, chooses to work with an advisor at Oak Ridge Funeral Care, we promise to:
- Complete all necessary applications for military professionals and veterans’ benefits which may include applications for the Presidential Memorial Certificate, for Military Honors, and a veteran headstone or memorial marker.
- Coordinate the documentation provided at death by the family to request honors for their loved one.
- Coordinate and confirm any pre-paid funding benefits that help pay for expenses the Veterans Administration has deemed ineligible.
- Click here to use MyEasyVA to help you quickly and easily fill out and download the veterans’ benefits forms you’ll need.
It is our honor to serve America’s veterans, first responders, and their families. Please contact us today at (863) 215-6118 to learn more about our veteran’s services and how to apply for government burial benefits.